Yasmina Al Azhari
Selected by Forbes as one of the 50 most powerful businesswomen in the Arab world for two years (2006 and 2008) and one of 32 most influential businesswomen in family businesses in the Arab world, Yasmina Al Azhari has definitely made her mark in the business world.
A Syrian national, holder of the Serbian passport, decorated as Knight by Her Majesty the Queen of the Netherlands and awarded the Silver Dove prize in Moscow, Mrs. Azhari is truly a global citizen. She has held many leading positions as CEO and founder of various successful businesses throughout her career as well as many prestigious positions and titles for her social contributions and charitable activities, such as:
- Partner and Deputy General Manager at Trade Coordination Office and the Maersk Lines representative in Syria
- Owner and general manager of Mira Commercial LLC.
- President of MENA Operations at Savar Institution in the United States of America
- Partner and general manager of Al Yam Trading LLC.
- Partner and general manager of Al Yam International LLC.
- President of the Business Women’s Committee in the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Lattakia (2002, 2005, 2010)
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Syrian-Chinese Business Council and the Syrian-Indian Business Council as well as The Organization of Economical and Co-operational Development in the Middle East and North Africa (OECD)
- The first woman member of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Lattakia
- A founding member and chairperson (2006, 2010, 2012) of Mawred, a non-profit organization aiming at Modernizing and Activating Women’s Role in the Economic Development in Syria
- Head of Bashaer Al Nour, an NGO dedicated to children with Autism and Down Syndrome